July 26, 2019
Q2 has been full of process improvements and new feature deployments to the Shipwire Platform! See below for a detailed re-cap of product updates and newsworthy things to keep you up to date:
- It’s been a busy Q2!
Our Teams have been hard at work this quarter improving the Shipwire Platform! We continue to make improvements to our dangerous goods capabilities, inventory processing and API documentation, to name just a few. We’re looking forward to all that is to come in the second half of the year! As always, please reach out to your Account Manager or Customer Care Team at email@example.com with questions.
- Host Migration
For faster, more nimble performance, we have migrated the Shipwire Platform host to the Google Cloud Platform effective July 9, 2019, as was communicated in June. Some benefits of this migration are improved UI responsiveness and order processing performance.
- Ongoing API Documentation Enhancements
Our teams have been hard at work updating our API documentation, which can now be viewed in our Developers Center. In Q2, we released new documentation for the Stock, Carriers, Containers, Warehouses, Receiving and Webhook APIs. We’re using the Open API spec, which has allowed us to provide much more detailed information on our API.
- Updated Billing Statement
As part of our ongoing commitment to improving the customer experience, we’ve taken feedback from the community to redesign the monthly billing statement format to provide a more detailed view of monthly charges. The billing statement now includes detailed storage information for improved visibility. In addition, we’ve improved the design of the CSV file version to reflect billing details for easier viewing. In June, we released the new billing statement design. Please see the Billing, Payments, and Deposits support page for more information and details on how to read your billing statement.
- Serial Number Search Functionality
In June, we altered the search bar engine in the Shipwire Platform UI to support serial number lookups. Now, when you search for a serial number in the Shipwire UI, the results will include orders related to that serial number.
- General Rate Increases
- Laughton Lewes & Daventry, UK – July 2, 2019
- Annual carrier rate increase of approximately 3% across services.
- Eastern Creek, Australia – May 13, 2019
- Australia Post has consolidated and rebranded its international services and introduced associated rate changes. The overall rate changes are approximately 6.9% across all services.
- Shenzhen, China – July 2, 2019
- Laughton Lewes & Daventry, UK – July 2, 2019
- New Carrier Service Enabled in Tilburg, Netherlands Facility
The GLS Flex Delivery carrier has been enabled in our Tilburg, Netherlands facility. To leverage this service, customers are required to provide recipient email addresses. GLS Flex Delivery informs recipients upfront about the upcoming delivery attempt and offers a variety of delivery options from which to choose. As soon as the order is ready to ship, recipients receive an email containing information about the upcoming delivery which offers a variety of delivery options, enabling recipients to directly select delivery options.
- Inventory Adjustments for Canceled Backorders
We’ve improved our inventory query process to eliminate situations in which inventory “reserved” to fill a specific order wasn’t released promptly if the order was subsequently cancelled. Significantly reduced query runtimes will improve inventory accuracy and greatly reduce the potential for inventory to become stuck in “reserved” status.
- Stricter Address Validation – Australia Facility Orders
Strict address validation restrictions have been implemented across many Australian national carriers. To ensure deliverability and mitigate order processing delays, Shipwire will now validate all Austrailian shipping addresses against the Australia Post Address File to ensure they include compliant city, province/state, and postal code information. If an error is found, the address must be corrected before the order can be released to the warehouse for fulfillment. We recommend that all Austrailian addresses be validated at point of order creation to minimize shipment delays.
- Support for P.O. Box Orders – Eastern Creek, Australia Facility
We’re pleased to let you know that we’ve updated the warehouse system at our Eastern Creek, AU facility and resolved the issue that had prevented us from shipping to Australian P.O. box addresses. P.O. box shipments had been temporarily suspended in March, so we’re pleased to make this capability available once again.
- See our latest blog posts and publications
- Ecommerce Trends Influencing 3PL Fulfillment in Europe
- Canada Market Guide
- Ingram Micro Commerce & Lifecycle Services Ranks as the Only Visionary in Gartner 2019 Magic Quadrant for Third-Party Logistics, North America
- Transport Topics Top 50 3PLs 2019 – Ingram Micro #13!
- Mark your calendars:
- The IMCLS team will be attending the North American E-Tail Operations Summit in Atlanta, Georgia on October 1-2.
- Be sure to stay up to date with warehouse closures and holidays on our Fulfillment Center Schedule.
- Have notifications delivered directly to your inbox by subscribing to our System and Fulfillment Center Status page!