Oct 18, 2018
As summer fades into fall and fall into eCommerce’s busiest season of the year, our teams have been hard at work internally to make enhancements to the Shipwire platform before the holidays. See below for a detailed re-cap of Q3 happenings:
- Peak Holiday Season Calendar – Warehouse Closures & Cutoff Dates: Please visit our Peak Holiday Season page for frequently updated information on important dates for shipping cutoffs, receiving deadlines, warehouse closures, etc. Visit our recent peak season blog post for additional information.
- Holiday Package Carrier Surcharges: UPS and FedEx will again this year impose impose Holiday Peak Surcharges on their regular base rates and suspend service guarantees. For additional information, see UPS Peak Surcharges for 2018 and FedEx Peak Surcharges for 2018.
- System and Fulfillment Center Alerts – Subscribe Now!: Stay up to date by subscribing to the alerts site.
- Updated Receiving Guide – Reminder: In August, we revised our Inbound Receiving Guide to include updated labeling requirements and changes to delivery appointment criteria by location. Please review this guide as to avoid receiving delays and avoidable fines.
- Battery Shipping Changes – Maintain Compliance: As a reminder, starting November 1st carriers are changing their “Dangerous Goods” labeling requirements. This change applies to all shipments of batteries or products that contain batteries. To maintain compliance and avoid shipping delays, please update required information for all battery related products in your Shipwire Product Catalog.
- Address Character Restrictions – Shenzhen, China Facility: Visit our Shenzhen, China facility support page for information on address character requirements per carrier to avoid order holds in shipping within the APAC region.
- Configure Your Products Support PDF: The recently revised Configure Your Products support document is aimed at helping you organize your Shipwire Product Catalog setup to best suit your business needs and save costs on shipping.
- See our latest blog posts for insider industry information:
- Check out our recent case studies:
- Other Publications:
- Upcoming Events: