For nearly a decade, one of the world’s leading consumer electronics retail chains has partnered with Ingram Micro Commerce & Fulfillment Solutions to navigate the evolving landscape of eCommerce. Beginning with a few pallets, the company has grown exponentially over time and in 2014 saw 2.3 million direct-to-consumer orders shipped.
As its online channel continued to gain strength, the retail giant sought to make online shopping easier and improve customer experience. To execute on its vision, it turned to its longtime partner for help.
Serving as the company’s only outsourced partner and with a commitment to build a solution that supports the brand’s current and future growth, Ingram Micro Commerce & Fulfillment Solutions developed and implemented processes to enable a better online shopping experience for the consumer electronics brand. The new solution enables customers to see delivery date information as they browse and expands the company’s online product catalog to include their in-store items as well. It has also enabled a broader geographical reach.
Ingram Micro Commerce & Fulfillment Solutions provides:
- On-demand retail replenishment program to avoid out of stocks in stores
- IM First technology integrated with client’s third-party technology software
- Operational processes to support client’s category growth goals
- Access to Ingram Micro global logistics centers to complement the retailer’s distribution network
The company has also enhanced its delivery experience by improving delivery accuracy and providing personalization options for custom promotions.
To enable this, Ingram Micro Commerce & Fulfillment Solutions provides:
- A process that holds the client’s preferred carrier to new, stricter SLAs
- Streamlined processes altering picking waves and batches based on order postal codes
- Increased same-day outbound shipping cutoff times (6:00 PM) to ensure delivery commitments are met
- Value added services to enhance customer experience, including targeted personalized promotional mailings and sample packs
Delivering Exceptional Customer Experience
With an Ingram Micro Commerce & Fulfillment Solutions partnership that continues to stand the test of time, the consumer electronics leader has achieved its highest customer satisfaction scores to date, and its increased operational efficiencies have translated into cost savings.