A nationwide financial institution with multiple data centers
The client needed to shut down redundant data centers and reallocate equipment to reduce costs. They required a decommission solution that would:
- Ensure all closures met regulatory requirement mandates that all data be destroyed prior to assets leaving the facility
- Recoup as much value as possible from de-installed equipment
- Reallocate equipment and restructure centers over a three-year period.
The Ingram Micro Solution
We utilized our expertise in data center decommissioning projects to dispatch an experienced team to each client location to:
- De-install all equipment
- Erase data from all servers onsite
- Pack and securely transport the servers to the nearest Processing Center.
Once the servers arrived at one of our Processing Centers, we assessed each asset against client redeployment needs and remarketing value to:
- Refurbish servers with residual value then redeploy them or route them through the appropriate remarketing channels to ensure the best possible financial return for the client
- Demanufactured end-of-life servers in compliance with e-Stewards standards then recycle all materials.
Why the Client Chose Ingram Micro ITAD