Key Solution Benefits
- 85% cost saving compared to previous program
- Onsite destruction of hard drives prior to transport for all client locations
- Detailed Chain-of-Custody reporting to meet company audit requirements
- Over 40,000 assets processed yearly while reducing workload for the client’s IT staff
The ClientA major pharmaceutical company looking for compliant, nationwide IT Asset Disposition services for end-of-life equipment.
Business ChallengeThe client had strict data security requirements and was seeking an IT Asset Disposition solution that was legislatively and environmentally compliant – yet cost-effective – for their end-of-life assets. The decommission project needed to:
- Adhere to their corporate requirement that all media devices be physically destroyed before being removed from each facility
- Meet or exceed all regulatory and internal audit requirements for data privacy and security
- Ensure that all media devices were recycled using EPA- compliant methods.
The Ingram Micro SolutionWe leveraged our centralized tracking system and national network of locations and personnel to:
- Dispatch mobile data destruction equipment and professional services staff to each client facility
- Ensure each device was tracked by serial number and destruction date/time
- Securely transport all sanitized devices to the nearest Ingram Micro ITAD facility for further processing and recycling
- Provide detailed asset audit reports and certificates of destruction and recycling.
Why the Client Chose Ingram Micro ITADWe have the national footprint, onsite capability, tracking and reporting systems, and proven track record to deliver a safe, cost-effective, compliant, and comprehensive program.