- 85% cost saving compared to previous program
- Onsite destruction of hard drives prior to transport for all client locations
- Detailed Chain-of-Custody reporting to meet company audit requirements
- Over 40,000 assets processed yearly while reducing workload for the client’s IT staff
A major pharmaceutical company looking for compliant, nationwide IT Asset Disposition services for end-of-life equipment.
The client had strict data security requirements and was seeking an IT Asset Disposition solution that was legislatively and environmentally compliant – yet cost-effective – for their end-of-life assets. The decommission project needed to:
- Adhere to their corporate requirement that all media devices be physically destroyed before being removed from each facility
- Meet or exceed all regulatory and internal audit requirements for data privacy and security
- Ensure that all media devices were recycled using EPA- compliant methods.
The Ingram Micro Solution
We leveraged our centralized tracking system and national network of locations and personnel to:
- Dispatch mobile data destruction equipment and professional services staff to each client facility
- Ensure each device was tracked by serial number and destruction date/time
- Securely transport all sanitized devices to the nearest Ingram Micro ITAD facility for further processing and recycling
- Provide detailed asset audit reports and certificates of destruction and recycling.
All assets were demanufactured at our Processing Centers and the resulting materials where processed in strict compliance with e-Stewards environmental guidelines.
Why the Client Chose Ingram Micro ITAD
We have the national footprint, onsite capability, tracking and reporting systems, and proven track record to deliver a safe, cost-effective, compliant, and comprehensive program.