Increased pressure to integrate patient data, revisions to IDC codes, and increased data security legislation are key drivers impacting the IT landscape for the healthcare industry. These changes often require organizations to invest in more robust hardware to run increasingly sophisticated software, and this increases the pace at which hardware is retired from service and moves into the decommission or disposal process.
IT assets require chain-of-custody controls, close management, and active tracking throughout the end-of-life decommission process to ensure compliance with healthcare data privacy laws.Ingram Micro, a leader in IT asset disposition for 17+ years, helps Healthcare Systems and Healthcare Insurers manage secure data destruction and asset accountability.
We offer a full range of secure ITAD and lifecycle support services — including onsite data destruction or the option to use Ingram Micro’s processing centers — tailored to the specific requirements of the healthcare industry.
• Physical inventory audits
• Asset de-installation and removal
• Data erasure and destruction
• Packing, palletizing, and secure logistics services
• Deployment and installation services
• Audit and test assets
• Data erasure or destruction (if this was not already done onsite)
• Equipment repair & refurbishment
• Equipment demanufacturing & recycling
• Remarketing services
Having a streamlined and compliant supply chain is critical no matter what type of product is being shipped. Logistics for medical devices can be complex and require stringent controls, data, and serial-level information capture for tracking purposes or in the event of a recall. Through our Warehouse Management System, we are able to track serial numbers and can adhere to individual country standards for healthcare product shipping and handling.
• Direct-to-consumer fulfillment
• Serial level capture
• Testing and configuration
• Value added services
• Small parcel transportation