Key Solution Benefits
- Reduced costs by over 25% while achieving superior program results
- The predictable blended cost model allowed client to budget appropriately
- Yearly program throughput of over 10,200 laptops
- Standard 48-hour turnaround time plus next-day emergency service
The ClientOne of the world’s largest technology consulting and outsourcing companies.
Business ChallengeWith tens of thousands of employees around the globe – many working remotely – continuous productivity depends on each employee having a fully functional laptop. The client’s previous repair partner for North America had rigid, non-collaborative processes; limited contact hours; and unpredictable program costs, driving the client to run parallel, in-house back-up operations. The client needed a robust, cost-effective, and transparent single-source solution.
The Ingram Micro SolutionStarting in 2012, we established a dedicated Depot Repair operation at our Chandler, AZ facility. Within months the client declared the program a success and discontinued both their previous supplier and their in-house backup facility. With our active program management and attention to detail, replacement units reach users within 48 hours. Emergency requests placed prior to the daily cut-off time arrive next-day. We:
- Run extended hours at the depot repair facility to broadly cover all time zones
- Maintain a ready stock of replacement units and repair returned units for reuse
- Sanitize all assets in accordance with corporate security requirements
- Load a new software image and restore archived files prior to shipping
- Work directly with the client’s India and UK IT teams to ensure imaging issues don’t delay on-time replacements
- Provide a predictable blended cost model.
Why the Client Chose Ingram Micro ITADWith our strong industry reputation and global footprint, we had the necessary infrastructure to ensure program success. Our advanced BlueIQ asset intelligence system; real-time tracking and reporting capabilities; and custom blended cost model made it simple for the client to keep tabs on equipment, costs, and program goals at all times.