March 9, 2009
February was a big month for our development staff. Here are a few highlights of our latest software code release.
- Shipwire Shipping Order fulfillment for ChannelAdvisor e‑commerce solution.
- We made updates to Merchant Package Service. This feature allows merchants to set up shipping preferences for outbound shipments from the warehouse and Shipwire will then search for the lowest rate possible (that matches the preferences).
- Report a shipping problem and returns handling was improved. Shipwire is constantly improving these features so please continue to give input on our new interfaces.
- Order holds were reworked in this release. We had received complaints from merchants that order holds for shipping and account level holds were causing some shipping delays. We took that feedback and changed the way held orders are processed to reduce the risk that an order hold will result in a shipping delay. Please continue to give us feedback on how this works as you use this feature.
- Sending goods to Shipwire
- Over the last two releases Shipwire greatly improved our interfaces for scheduling a receiving (aka sending goods to the warehouse using an “Advanced Shipping Notice”).
- We added a series of helpful tips and checkboxes to let our users know up front what could cause receiving delays
- We update the module files for the Netsuite Order Fulfillment Shipwire module
- We added a new sourcing center to Shipwire to make it easier to research new products and find vendors.
- Shipwire is constantly adding new security features
- We added Versign Identity Protection as an option. Verisign Identity Protection is two-factor authentication for your account login. For more information on how Verisign ID protection works see versign’s website. This feature is free to use while we evalute it today. Let us know if you see value in this after testing it out.
- Shipwire has its website and application reviewed every day by a third party scanning service (in our case McAfee) to ensure we are secure. Click the McAfee logo in the bottom of our home page to see the certificate.
There were quite a few minor bug fixes and improvements done last month; we won’t bore you with too many details but they were are all great improvements! We are really proud of what our software engineering team has created with the help and guidance of our customers. We wanted to share with you that we were nominated for a Codie – and Shipwire is now a finalist for the 2009 Codie for “Best E‑commerce Software”. Thank you for voting for us! Also a big thank you to all our users for their suggestions and improvements. We are listening and continue to rapidly develop the platform.