Key Solution Benefits
- The program reduced overall logistics costs by 75%
- Over 10,000 assets were processed in the first year alone
- Over 2,000 separate client locations were serviced
- Program efficiency also reduced the client’s internal administration costs
The ClientA national insurance company with a mixture of large primary offices and smaller satellite locations distributed around the country.
Business ChallengeWith over 2000 locations in the U.S., the client required a solution that would reduce ITAD program logistics costs. The solution needed to:
- Accommodate small volume of assets for each pickup
- Meet or exceed strict Insurance Industry regulatory requirements around data security
- Reduce internal administrative costs.
The Ingram Micro SolutionWe utilized our national network of Processing and Logistics Centers to reduce shipping distances and costs. This distributed model allowed us to:
- Economically handle average pickups of fewer than 10 assets
- Track all assets through the purpose-developed BlueIQ asset intelligence system
- Provide data erasure and destruction services with detailed reporting for all media devices
- Refurbished assets with remarketing value, routing them through multiple remarketing channels to ensure the best possible return for each asset
- Demanufactured and recycled assets without value in compliance with e-Stewards standards.
Why the Client Chose Ingram Micro ITADWe listened to the client and developed a flexible approach to accommodate the widely varying quantities across locations. Our data collection capabilities through the BlueIQ system and robust reporting via our Client Web Portal made it easy for the client to request pickups and monitor progress.