Shipwire Newsletter Q3 2019
Q3 has come and gone, and in the blink of an eye, the Peak eCommerce Holiday Season is already upon us! Our Teams have been hard at work this past quarter improving the Shipwire Platform and focusing on peak holiday season initiatives.
- ‘Tis the Season for eCommerce Fulfillment
- Our Peak Season site is continually updated to include the latest carrier cutoff dates and important facility schedules that may impact your business operations (closures, inbound delivery blackout dates, etc.). New dates are added each week, so please check back frequently for the latest information.
- All Peak Surcharges listed on FedEx’s website will be imposed, with the exception of the Peak Ground Unauthorized Package Charge. All Peak Surcharges listed on UPS’s website will be imposed, with the exception of the Peak Surcharge – Applied to Over Maximum Limits Packages.
- Don’t delay in sending inventory into our facilities for your holiday fulfillment! Per the Peak Season website, many facilities have blackout dates for inbound receiving in order to focus on outbound fulfillment. As a reminder, for timely holiday shipping, please carefully follow all inbound shipping requirements listed in our Receiving Guide.
- Update to the Inbound Receiving Guide
In an effort to streamline inbound delivery appointment requests and connect carriers to our facilities, we have revised our inbound receiving appointment request process for the facilities below. The delivery appointment process is effective immediately. Please review our Receiving Guide for more information.
- Carol Stream, IL
- Carrollton, TX
- Jonestown, PA
- Millington, TN
- Mira Loma, CA
As a reminder, all non-compliant inbound shipments per Receiving Guide are subject to delays and fines. Starting January 1, 2020, all facilities will be thoroughly reviewing inbound shipments to ensure they meet compliance.
- Prepare for a Potential Brexit
We continue to follow the news about Brexit and would like to help you prepare for the possibility of a hard Brexit. In such a scenario, all orders shipped from the United Kingdom (Laughton-Lewes and Daventry facilities) to EU destinations and from our Tilburg, Netherlands facility to United Kingdom destinations will be considered export orders.
- All product SKUs intended for export in your Shipwire Product Catalog need to include the Country of Origin and a Harmonized System Code. See our support page to learn how to provide this information.
- Add your company European Union Registration and Identification number (EORI) and Value Added Tax identification number (VAT). You can find these two fields in your Shipwire Account > Billing > Billing Preferences.
- As a reminder, all export orders automatically generate a commercial invoice through the Shipwire Platform. There is a $3.50 USD international preparation fee for generating a commercial invoice.
- Shipwire Host Migration to Google Cloud
In July, Shipwire completed it’s migration to the Google Cloud Platform. This host migration has provided increased security and faster response times and has decreased the risk of outages and failed execution.
- Australia Post Address Validation
Strict address validation restrictions have been implemented by many Australian national carriers. To ensure deliverability and mitigate order processing delays, we are now validating all Australian addresses against the Australia Post Address Files for a valid city, province/state, and postal code. Orders shipped from our Eastern Creek, Australia warehouse that do not pass this address validation process are placed on hold in Shipwire for your review and correction. To minimize delays, it is recommended that all Australian addresses be validated with Australia Post Address Files at the point of order creation.
- New IP Addresses
As seen on our Status Alert page, on October 15, 2019, we enabled some improvements to our network infrastructure. We added two additional IP addresses to the current existing pool, which may require action on your part if you use cart integrations such as Magento, or if you are subscribed to our webhooks. While this is a seamless transition, if experience any issues, please whitelist the IP addresses below. This will also ensure you receive updated statuses for tracking and shipping. The new IP addresses are:
- Industry Insights
- Mark your calendars
If you have any questions, please reach out to your Account Manager or Customer Care Team at email@example.com. You can have notifications delivered directly to your inbox by subscribing to our System and Fulfillment Center Status page!
October 16, 2019
October 14, 2019
October 9, 2019
October 9, 2019
Casey BillingsCasey Billings is a Product Marketing Manager at IMCLS focusing on eCommerce and Technology. Her work is devoted to product and feature launches, generating demand and understanding how our products make our customers’ lives easier. She’s previously spent time on our Global Account Management team, gaining a better understanding of our customers’ point of view and experiences first hand. She has a passion for customer communications and nerdy product launches, as well as, tennis and hiking in the Pacific Northwest.